Akro-Mils, a North American leader in storage, organization and transport products, announces the expansion of its line of two-tone Indicator® Bins — a low-cost, single-bin Kanban system that offers effective inventory control at a glance. A new Black/Red color combination joins the Indicator’s original Blue/Orange bin colors.
Never run out of inventory! Now available in four sizes and two color combinations, the Indicator Bin simplifies visual recognition when supplies need to be replenished. The Indicator Bin allows end users to Stock, Pick, Flip and Replenish: users Stock the bin using the divider to designate volume for the inventory reserve; Pick from the large stock area of the bin until reaching the divider; Flip the bin to the reserve side to show inventory levels are low; and Replenish the bin and repeat.
The patent-pending design of the Indicator Bin utilizes a bi-color mold to achieve a two-toned bin. Other features and benefits of the Indicator Bin include:
• A bright trigger color that is ideal in 5S Lean initiatives;
• Bins offer easy organization of supplies and work-in-process;
• The reserve color coding prevents stock-outs;
• The system reduces excess inventory;
• The double hopper bin can be filled or picked from both sides;
• Indicator Bins feature a large label area on both sides;
• The rolled ridge provides added strength when bins are filled to capacity; and
• Bins are available in 12” and 18” depths for use on standard wire shelving, steel shelving, and pick rack
More information on Indicator Bins is available online at
Akro-Mils, a Myers Industries, Inc. company (NYSE: MYE), is a leading manufacturer of plastic and metal storage, organization, transport and material handling products for use in industrial, medical/pharmacy, commercial and consumer markets. For more information or to request a catalog, contact Akro-Mils at 800-253-2467, fax 330-761-6348, or visit the company’s award-winning website at www.akro-mils.com.